Saturday, January 7, 2012

Giorgio Armani--Rouge d'Armani lipstick 103



     I had been eyeing d'Armani Rouge lipsticks for some time while perusing the Giorgio Armani cosmetic counter. Finally, I purchased this lipstick while picking up few other Giorgio Armani products. 

     First, the handsome, sleek packaging drew my attention. When you look at the lipstick from a bird's eye view, two ovals overlap each other.  The magnetic closure is another little detail that is functional and playful. 

     I asked the Armani makeup artist for a pink neutral lipstick. Normally, I am not drawn to light bubble gum or nude pink lipsticks. The creamy, slightly shiny texture makes my lips look healthy and youthful on my pigmented lips. In addition, I don't look like a dead corpse, which can happen with lighter pink colors against my medium/yellow skin tone. While the consistency is on the creamy side, it stays on the lips for a good three hours. And the d'Armani lipstick is very hydrating: It comforts my very dry lips. One caution...make sure to exfoliate your lips if you have any flaking or peeling.  This shade and texture will emphasize the flakiness.

     Overall, I give this lipstick a high rating: score range 1-5, 5 being excellent

texture: creamy/5
finish: slightly shiny/5
opacity: medium
packaging: 5
fragrance: none/5
wear: 4

     

No comments:

Post a Comment