Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Guerlain Rouge Automatique Lip Color #104/ Jicky


This year I began dabbling with Guerlain products. One product that I kept in my purse throughout the summer and early fall was Guerlain Rouge Automatique lipstick, #154/Jicky.  Its lightweight, pigmented, hydrating formula kept my lips hydrated during my summer vacation in the Grand Caynon and Yosemite National Park. With temperature dropping around 30 degrees at night and arid climate, my lips looked like crushed tissue paper. Luckily, I brought this lipstick on my trip; it came in handy. In addition, light neutral brown lipstick with a hint of plummy shade adds a hint of color and leaves my lips looking moisturized. Like the Dior Addict lipstick, Tailleur Bar, I can apply this shade like a lip balm, meaning I don't have to precise and use a mirror.

The packaging of Guerlain Rouge Automatique is unique: A lever pushes the lipstick out of the casing from the top. Did you know that Guerlain is the first cosmetic company that created lipstick in a tube?

The premium price reflects the packaging, brand history/reputation, and exclusivity.  While I am satisfied with this product, my next Guerlain lipsticks will be fewer compared to other high-end lipstick due its price point.

No comments:

Post a Comment