Saturday, December 31, 2011

Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++ No. 27




Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream is the first BB cream that compliments my skintone. I have a medium yellow undertone. BB creams have been all the rage in Asia; now its popularity has crossed the Pacific.

BB, Blemish Balm or Beauty Balm, was created in Germany for patients who needed a product to protect and heal their skin. Later, in Asia, particularily in Korea, BB creams became a cult favorite.  Many Korean actresses are known for their near perfect skin; it has been attributed to BB creams.

Until Missha Perfect Cover BB cream, the color selection of BB creams had been limited, espcially for women of color. While I am Korean, my skin is tanner/darker than most Koreans. Thus, I was a bit disaapointed and frustrated when I started my search for a BB cream for me. Still, the companies that make BB creams need to broaden their color range for darker skin tones.

On my recent shopping trip to H Mart (a Korean supermarket in the Dallas metropolitan area), I found a cosmetic boutique inside H Mart. Luckily the boutique carries Missha cosmetic line; a makup artist colored matched me with no. 27.

The formula of Missha BB cream is thicker in texture than most liquid foundations; however, it doesn't feel heavy or tacky on the skin. It provides a light to medium coverage with a slightly dewy finish, depending on the application. I prefer to apply Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream with my fingers.

The longevity of Missha Perfect Cover BB cream is like most good foundations: It stays on my skin at least 8 hours. Another good point is no oxidation on my combination/oily skin.

In general BB creams have a high level of sunscreen and skin care benefits; therefore, I can simplify my morning skin care routine. I still use an antioxident serum under the bb cream; however, I don't need to apply a moisturizer and sunscreen.

I am thoroughly satisfied with Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream. Now I understand why BB creams are so popular in Asian.

By the way, now the U.S. beauty market is trying to jump on the band wagon of BB cream. Garnier and few other cosmetic lines have released their version of BB creams. From the recent reviews of these BB creams, I learned that they are not comparable to Asian BB creams.

No comments:

Post a Comment