Sunday, February 13, 2011

Update on Project 10 Pan

What the H___!!! My post just got deleted. Arghh!!

This project has really tested my need for instant gratification. I have been in the mode of purchasing whatever caught my fancy since watching YouTube videos. Okay...I am being lame by blaming my weakness on YTers.

So..what have I learned from this project? Well, it is freaking hard to hit the pan on powder products such as eye shadows, blushes, pressed powders, etc. I think I could go a whole year without buying any more eye shadows or blushes if I really wanted to torture myself.

My biggest weakness is trying out more foundations and mascaras. I am on the hunt for the Holy Grail foundation and mascara. Right before fall, I bought the most expensive pressed foundation, Serge Luten, exclusive to Barneys New York. It is gorgeous but I haven't worn it very much due to the weather change. I love the product but small part of me doesn't want it to be the HG foundation due to its cost.

Ok...Am I rambling? Back to Project 10 Pan...I have emptied six products: some skin care products and nail polish remover. I have several products that do the same thing. I had three bottles of nail polish removers, more than three bottles of moisturizers and more. Even though I haven't hit the pan on makeup items, this self-imposed restriction on buying spree had me assess what I have. I depotted numerous eye shadows and blushes; I realized that I have multiples eye shadows in the similar color family. I also learned that I love shadow that are plummy, grayish lavender, purple, bluish purple.....You get the point. Perhaps, I should not buy any more products in this color family until the end of the year. HMMMMM.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yun! )) I am your follower now! ))) Now I will go on and read the posts )) Love your color scheme selection--very classy!

    ReplyDelete