Thursday, March 29, 2012

Neck Cream...Is it necessary?


     I have been on the fence about buying a neck cream.  One day I found myself staring at my neck while checking out my skin using a magnifying mirror. I gulped. Sign of aging left its imprints on my neck.  I felt like I was watching myself in a video: I kept rewinding the mirror image that was reflected back at me. 


     From online research, I learned that the skin on your neck can appear less plump and feel drier because it is not stretched across bones like your cheeks and has less sebaceous glands.


     Recently, I received a generous sample of Sonya Dakar UltraLux Neck & Décolleté Treatment from Barneys. This cream felt like a souffle that sank into my skin without feeling greasy. Even better, I noticed less visible lines. I am tempted to buy a full size of this "magical" potion; however, I am still on the hunt in finding a facial cream that can address the different needs of my skin on my face and neck.

5 comments:

  1. both Bare Escentuals and Philosophy have neck creams. i personally have not tried either, but if/when i will buy one, i will most likely try the Bare Escentuals one first. currently, i've only been using a Cetaphil lotion (made for extreme dryness/eczema) because i sometimes get dry patches on my neck where my skin kind of folds. so far, it's been working for me. i use the same Cetaphil lotion on the dry patches around my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, there! You are the first one to leave a comment on my blog! I wish I had a giveaway for first place....:) I need to check out the Cetaphil. I haven't used this brand in a while! Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL yay, i should've said "first" like everyone does on YouTube! (which i find so annoying! LOL) i sub to a lot of blogs but don't read them enough and almost never leave comments... but i saw your post on Twitter and i had this urge to leave a comment! i could've just tweeted it to you but i felt more verbose on here... :) i would start with the Cetaphil because if it doesn't work on your neck, you can use it everywhere else! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Yun, I haven't tried a neck cream yet, but I do always moisturizer my neck. I am rotating between Dr. Perricone Cold Plasma and Finishing Moisurizer and Sunday Riley's products. I think I am seeing improvements with Perricone having used the line most recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used Perricone products in years, but I need to get a sample and see how I like it. Thank you! I'm really liking my Sunday Riley products.

      Delete