Monday, February 13, 2012

Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamels


     According Revlon website, Revlon ColorStay Longwear Nail Enamels offer "gel-like shine and up to 11 days of shatter-proof color."  I learned about Revlon ColorStay Longwear Nail Enamels in InStyle magazine.  I searched for these polishes everywhere; I finally found them at CVS one night. As I was walking out the store, I spotted them near the entrance. Since I was in a rush, I quickly scanned the colors and picked three colors: 100 Buttercup, 020 Pale Cashmere, and Marmalade.
     Out of excitement and curiosity, I applied the creamy yellow color, 100 Buttercup as soon as I got home.  The application of this polish was difficult because of its thicker, slightly goopy consistency.  The first coat appeared streaky; the second opaque. I read on Makeupalley that some users didn't like the long drying time; however, I didn't find it so.  This morning the color of the polish transformed to a sheer wash of creamy white. A total surprise!
     The next day I added two additional coats that gave me the desired opacity. The Buttercup 100 did not flatter my medium/yellow skin tone.
    Because I couldn't stand 100 Buttercup color,  I took it off and applied 020 Pale Cashmere. The color wasn't any better. It applied streaky; the final result looked patchy and unattractive.
     Revlon ColorStay Longwear Nail Enemal was quite disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment